A Tennessee man died this week after being infected with a flesh-eating bacteria during a trip to a Florida beach. According to news reports, the man became ill shortly after returning from vacation in Destin Beach where he was visiting family for the 4th of July.
Cheryl Wiygul, the man’s daughter, says the family discovered that a large sore had developed on her dad’s back once they had returned home, as well as red bumps on his arms and legs. The man died on July 7, just 48 hours after his last swim in Florida. Wiygul added that while her dad didn’t have any open cuts or wounds, he did have a compromised immune system due to cancer treatments and that may have put him at greater risk.
Peter Sobat is the owner/creator of Blurred Culture. Peter holds a MFA in Digital Technology and has worked in media for the past 15 years. He is the creator of several viral hits such as "The SmokeBox" , "The Devin The Dude Show" and "Live with Steve Lobel".